CapitolWorks is a Washington, DC-based executive search firm focused on recruiting government relations professionals and executive leadership for organizations active in public affairs.
We specialize in attracting senior executives in several practice areas:
- Government Relations and Public Affairs
- Trade and Professional Associations
- Corporate Officers
- Foundations and Non-Profits
- Financial Services
Our team, led by Chris Jones, blends a deep knowledge of Washington with sophisticated recruiting techniques used by the best recruiting firms in the world. Our combination of political savvy and best practices recruiting means we deliver excellent candidates to our clients.
EFFICIENT | SAVING TIME AND MONEY
- CapitolWorks is a specialized public affairs recruiting firm. We track developments in federal- and state-level lobbying and are in frequent contact with key players inside and outside of government.
- We draw from an active network, and we frequently present candidates to clients within weeks.
- Our efforts contribute to your bottom line because they allow your team to focus on core duties while we build a pipeline of high-quality candidates. We manage them throughout the process, from their introduction to their first day at work.
- We have minimal client conflicts, and we reach out to the "best and brightest" candidates in the field.
- Our proprietary database contains thousands of key candidates in Washington and across the country, each individually screened and evaluated.
EFFECTIVE | GETTING THE JOB DONE RIGHT
- CapitolWorks designs a search strategy to find candidates based on the details of each opportunity and then cultivates relationships on behalf of our clients. We identify and contact new candidates, both active and passive, to sell them an opportunity.
- Our search process provides valuable information about the talent market and the public standing of an organization or government relations practice. CapitolWorks gathers information about a client's reputation from leaders in the field as we broadcast a client's brand and values into the marketplace.
- We have a third-party advantage in navigating hazardous political waters. CapitolWorks discretely develops relationships with candidates in government and prevents conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof. We also communicate the "bad news" of employment decisions to preserve a client's good working relationships with important government contacts.
- Our due diligence and background checks will verify a candidate's business relationships and discover conflicts or non-compete agreements. If a candidate has been in the news for all the wrong reasons, our team finds out quickly to avoid surprises.